Our organization is happy to publish our final report on CSB’s Walking Audits of NE 8th St! This document is the result of extensive community feedback & public outreach and would not have been possible without our excellent members.
Some key findings of our report — which includes a letter signed onto by great organizations like Disability Mobility Initiative, Feet First, and Greater Redmond Transportation Management Association — are included below:
- We measured noise levels as high as 86 dB on the corridor – approaching dangerous levels for people living & walking on the corridor.
- Crosswalk times were not long enough for most people to make it across safely.
- Several stretches of corridor lacked crossings, requiring pedestrians to take circuitous routes to cross the street.
- Sidewalks were often not wide enough nor removed far enough away from vehicle traffic to feel safe.
- Several intersections were missing crosswalks on certain sides, which complicated crossings.
For more details and to get a full picture of our findings, be sure to check out the full report.