A future of a safe, sustainable transportation network means infrastructure that is equitable, protected, and usable by residents of all shapes, sizes, and ages. Safe Routes to School programming supports infrastructure that is intuitive and safe enough to be used by our children – providing them with independence, exercise, and community. We all deserve options in how we get around & the infrastructure that can help us get there.
- Partner with BSD to host walk + ride to school days (COVID-pending)
- Support prioritized investments in protected pedestrian + cyclist paths near schools
- Speak with neighborhood parents + kids to discuss their concerns in getting to school
- Support BSD as they seek to reduce percentage of kids getting to school by car
- Partner with regional organizations to leverage funding and support
Header photo by Bellevue School District